Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fireworks on the 4th of July!

Fourth of July Weekend was packed full of friends, fun, and packing up the apartment.

I decided this year would be the year I attempted to take great fireworks photos.  In past years, I just assumed it would be too difficult.  Wrong!  I've been reading a few books by Scott Kelby that make photography really simple.  It's nice for when I want to take a certain type of photo on the spot without having to really think about how shutter speed and aperture work in concert. 

He also has a blog (http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/) that makes it easy to search for such tips. Great site!  (Shooting Fireworks Post)

I think my fireworks photos turned out great for my first try!  I definitely need a little more practice and want to play around with different lenses, but here are a few of my faves.






No comments:

Post a Comment