Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Long Weekend in the Grand Canyon State

Jason and I met his parents in Phoenix, AZ a few weeks ago.  I've been a little behind on photos, sorry, work got crazy for both Jason and I as soon as we got home.  From Phoenix, we drove to the Grand Canyon where we stayed two nights, then drove to Sedona where we also stayed two nights.  It was a great long weekend getaway.  I took nearly 2,000 photos with the new wide angle lens Jason got me for my birthday, so here are a few of my favorites.


Our first view of the Grand Canyon, we walked a short distance down the Bright Angel Trail to this overlook.


Waiting for the bus to Hopi Point

 Sunset at Hopi Point


 On our day hike down the South Kaibab Trail.

I just loved this tree!

At Skeleton Point on the South Kaibab Trail


 Wupatki National Monument

The Blowhole at Wupatki Pueblo


Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, Bonito Lava Flow

Pink Jeep Tour in Sedona



 Cathedral Rock

At the top of the Cathedral Rock Trail in Sedona.


Off to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas on Friday!  I'm sure I'll take another 2,000+ photos there.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment